Salary Range: £40,000 – £55,000 per annum dependant on experience
We are seeking a Lead Developer to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis. The normal hours for this role are 37.5 hours covering Monday to Friday.
We offer generous flexible working and work-from-home options, along with an excellent salary and benefits package, 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days with service) plus bank holidays, flexible working, with genuine personal development, learning, and career progression opportunities. Find out more about what it’s like working at Evoke here.
About the Role:
As a Lead Developer you will take ownership of the Training Management Suite development, supporting and mentoring less experienced developers to nurture and promote learning and growth within a small, multidisciplinary full stack scrum team. The teams’ development goals are defined each quarter in alignment with the company’s wider business objectives. We are currently focusing on scaling our core products and refactoring the core code base from .Net Framework into .Net Core 3.1.
You will develop a comprehensive understanding of our Training Management Suite, to ensure you are able to direct and manage its growth effectively and provide support to customers and colleagues.
You will plan and help prioritise the product feature backlog for development and ensure work focuses on those with maximum value and are aligned with the overall product strategy
You and your team will be responsible for the quality of the technical solutions and will help develop and determine the product roadmap, validating these with customer feedback and key stakeholders, and then translating these into technical requirements.
You will perform regular code reviews and will actively participate in technical design meetings to discuss tools, patterns, and solutions to help improve our processes, as well as considering adopting new technologies.
You will play an active role in mitigating impediments impacting completion of release/sprint goals and provide leadership and support for the roll out of product developments.
You may be asked to undertake additional duties to those above, either on a temporary or permanent basis, which the Company reasonably believes you are capable of carrying out or for which you will be provided training.
- To participate and lead sprint meetings, guiding development, and influencing the future of Training Management Suite.
- To be involved at all stages of the development life cycle: initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging, and support.
- To act as a technical expert in the design, evaluation, building, and maintenance of our existing and emerging software solutions.
- To provide senior-level system design, development, and support for our core applications based on C#, .Net Framework and .Net Core.
- To support the Technical Lead/Infrastructure Manager & CTO with requirements and estimations relating to the specialised areas or components that assigned to you.
- To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the latest software development technologies, practices, and methodologies.
- To write well documented, structured, scalable, clean reusable code.
- To lead and support others through sharing skills, experience, knowledge, and best practice.
Essential Role Criteria
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years senior software development experience
- Experience of leading Agile and Scrum development processes
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
Essential Technical Experience
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server
Backend: C#, .Net Framework 4.7 and .Net Core 3.1
- Frameworks: Web API, MVC, Web Forms
Front-End: JS, jQuery, TS, Angular JS 1.x, MVC Razor
- Unit Testing: nUnit, Moq
- Architecture: Modular Monolithic architecture for majority of the projects
- Source Control: Microsoft Azure DevOps and GitHub
Desirable Technical Experience
- Net Core
- Angular 8+
- Dev Ops CI/CD